So…I got two more books from the SpeakEasy…I really, really need to watch how many things I request from them; it’s taking away from my reading list for this year. Actually, I’ve only read four from the original list at this point, so as soon as I finish these other four SpeakEasy reviews and a borrowed book I got from a friend, I should be able to get back on track.
In other news, we’re 12 days into Lent at this point. This year, I gave up spending my blow money (I’m terrible at saving, and this is an exercise in doing just that) and alcohol (which is what I wind up spending most of my blow money on; that and coffee at Little Amps, or, as I like to call it, the Nectar of the Gods). I’ve made it this far not having spent a dime and not consumed a drop of alcohol (save for a small glass of champagne at a wedding yesterday; we fast when we mourn, not when we celebrate), and I’m pretty proud of that. I also exercised more than five times this week for at least a half an hour or more each time, and I’m dropping pounds like the Nasdaq.
I. Feel. Awesome. Which is good, because February sucked hardcore for me. I already wrestle with depression; the winter just makes it worse. I feel like March has helped me bounce back a lot, at least to a level where I can tell my anxiety to go sit in a corner while I do the things I need to do.
*Looks over shoulder*
Yep, sittin’ in the corner. Gotta fight to keep it there some days, but there’s still some fight in me.
**THE MAGIC MURDER BAG**
- Genesis and the Rise of Civilization by j. Snodgrass <——– (Isn’t that last name just awesome?) (SP)
- The Story Lives: Leading A Missional Revolution by Henriet Schapelhouman (SP)
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James H. Cone (thanks to my friend David for lending me this!)
Still Workin’ On It
- A Scandalous Providence: The Jesus Story of the Compassion of God by E. Frank Tupper
- Cosmos Reborn by John Crowder (SP)
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth Edited by LeDayne McLeese Polaski & Millard Eiland (SP)